Company Generac Power Systems
Name Deputy General Counsel - Governance & Compliance
Req # 63786
Employment Type Full Time
- Draft and review legal documents such as contracts, legal memoranda, and other legal documents as needed. They ensure that these documents are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to senior management and other departments within the organization. They assist with the interpretation of legal issues and provide support in legal conflicts.
- Lead the response to governmental inquiries and investigations and conduct internal investigations. They should be able to work effectively with legal counsel, executives, and various departments to successfully manage the organization's response to inquiries and investigations while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- Advise on regulatory compliance: In ensuring the organization is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements, the Deputy General Counsel develops and implements effective corporate governance and compliance policies and procedures. They also work with the appropriate departments to ensure that compliance issues are integrated into any new programs and initiatives. They may also directly and/or indirectly manage teams of compliance professionals to ensure that compliance issues are identified and addressed throughout the organization, which shall include, regulatory compliance support for areas such as international trade, environmental/health/safety, product regulatory, and data privacy.
- General Counsel in planning Board of Directors and Committee meetings, and ensuring that all agendas, reports and materials are prepared and distributed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Help develop, implement, and maintain a framework for assessing and reporting to the Board and senior management enterprise risks, and tracking the implementation measures to mitigate such risks.
- Conduct legal research. To stay abreast of developments in laws and regulations that affect the organization, the Deputy General Counsel conducts legal research. They provide guidance on changes in legal requirements and how they affect the organization.
- Outside counsel are an important part of the legal process, and the Deputy General Counsel ensures the appropriate selection and management of outside counsel in areas they support.
- Collaborate with other departments: The Deputy General Counsel liaises with other departments within the organization to manage legal risks, ensure compliance, and provide legal guidance.
- The Deputy General Counsel is responsible for handling other legal matters that may arise to support the General Counsel.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Current law license in good standing from any U.S. state, and the eligibility to become licensed or practice through in-house authorization in Wisconsin;
- 12 years of experience with major law firm and/or corporate legal department
- 5 years experience leading a team
Knowledge / Skills/ Abilities:
- Effective negotiation, presentation, communication, and drafting skills;
- Ability to independently work on highly complex legal matters;
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- High work capacity and passion for the job, in addition to high ethical and moral standards.
- Previous experience in a global manufacturing environment and publicly-traded company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.