Company Generac Power Systems
Name Hardware Engineer (Co-op) - Clean Energy
Req # 63832
Employment Type Co Op
Come join the Clean Energy Solutions Team at Generac on our mission to "bring new potential to energy for the greater good"! Our products intelligently combine intermittent energy sources like solar with residential storage systems in order to build a reliable, environmentally sustainable electricity grid.
We place a very high value on co-op students and give them the respect and responsibility of full-time employees. We also understand that most co-ops will not have experience that covers all the areas that we are looking for. Mentorship and professional development are very important to our team, and we are open to hiring someone who has less experience but a lot of potential.
Generac is looking for a Hardware Engineer Co-op to contribute to the advancement of our latest energy products. Your responsibilities will vary depending on your interests and which software team you join. There are opportunities for assisting in the design, implementation and maintenance of automated test systems as well as testing, validation and debugging new energy monitoring circuitry prototypes.
In this role, a commitment to teamwork and strong communication skills are fundamental requirements. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver with a keen interest in hardware validation and board bring-u
You may also gain experience with:
- Testing & debugging PCBs, manufacturing processes and automated test systems.
- Exposure to R&D of industry-leading energy monitoring systems including specification, design, validation, certification, and manufacturing
- Experience at a small company experiencing rapid growth with customers at the forefront of renewable energy industry
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Engineering degree program in a related discipline
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, programmers, programmable power supplies, programmable AC loads, and spectrum analyzers
- Familiarity with embedded hardware including components like microcontrollers, low-power radios, and integrated power supplies
- Strong troubleshoot skills to perform board bring-up and validation
- Eager and willing to learn attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with any of the technologies and responsibilities mentioned below will help
- Experience building test scripts in Python
- Hands-on ability with small tools and soldering irons
- Familiarity with core concepts of AC power such as real power and power factor
- Strong attention to detail with methodical investigation and debugging skills
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."