Company West Coast Energy Systems
Name Technical Field Service Representative Level II - Energy Systems - San Diego ($2,500 Sign On Bonus)
Req # 63822
Employment Type Full Time
We are a team of hardworking builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others in our field. We push boundaries and seek opportunities for our products and people to evolve. As an inclusive workplace, we keep equity and respect at the forefront and empower employees to speak up, take accountability, and bring their best energy to work every day. At Generac, we collaborate, share successes, and promote a drive to win while respecting others and supporting growth.
Energy Systems, a leading distributor of Generac power generation systems, has a well-established reputation for excellence in the industry of sales, service, training and rentals for our customers.
Job Summary: The Technical Field Service Representative Level II is responsible for providing on-site and phone troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications, installation, and sales commissioning support of Generac industrial products. This position will require up to 50% travel. This position reports to the Service Operations Manager.
Ideal candidate will be located within 20 miles of San Diego
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and repair of generators
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of generators both during normal working hours and after-hours, weekends and holidays as directed
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance service and/or repairs of generators
- Read and interpret operational manuals, electrical schematics, universal generator literature, and work orders to perform required maintenance and/or repairs
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report them and any other unusual situations to the service manager in a timely manner
- Stays current on NFPA and State regulations for EPSS
- Other Duties as assigned
- High school Diploma
- 4 years servicing and troubleshooting of Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS)
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 6 years servicing and troubleshooting of Emergency Power Supply Systems (EPSS)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of mechanical design, AC and DC circuitry, power generation, wiring schematics, and connection diagrams
- Advanced knowledge of Engine maintenance and troubleshooting of natural gas fuel systems.
- Knowledge of power generation; light tower, pumps, and heating products
- Spark Ignited knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to make independent decisions, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Ability to provide detailed reports within 24 hours
- Ability to manage and respond to emails, texts, and phone calls in a safe and timely manner
- Excellent conflict and resolution skills
- Able to observe, identify and relay critical information to the company, customers, or coworker
- Assist operations department with personal scheduling
- Ability to deploy and electrically connect rental generator units.
- Level of Independence: This position acts under the Service Operations Manager.
Compensation: Energy Systems is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The hourly rate for this role based in San Diego, CA is $31.73-$47.60. This compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. This role is eligible for variable compensation including short term and long-term incentives.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing, and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
- We are an inclusive company that celebrates differences and keeps equity and respect at the forefront.
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, & 401k
- 401 (k) retirement savings plans with company match
- Medical support programs: Maternity, Diabetes, Treatment Decision Support and more
- Work-life benefits: PTO and Holidays
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."