Senior Contract Specialist
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is an industry leader in equipment, digital displays, document security, and software solutions that keep businesses running brilliantly and efficiently. We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Contract Specialist at our corporate headquarters located in Lake Forest, CA or remote/out-of-state candidates will also be considered.
Our people bring creative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents, and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for people who are driven to contribute their professional best.
This position will take the lead on negotiating, managing and supporting the contract management life cycle management activities in order to ensure that contractual obligations, proper revenue recognition and company policies are met; analyze and then mitigate risk on behalf of the company; and participate in the development of programs for awarded contracts. Responsibilities include supporting activities to secure business with regional and national buying consortiums, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), state and local government, federal, enterprise commercial consortiums/accounts; design and craft statements of works and other contracts-related documents or programs as assigned.
- Review and analyze bids, proposals (RFx) and participates in the process of developing bid responses and drafts written input on customer-facing contractual terms and conditions while adhering to company policy.
- Mitigate corporate risk and meet financial requirements and policy obligations.
- Work closely with Proposal Specialists, Sales, Management, Legal, Finance, Risk, Pricing, Implementation, Operations and Client to successfully implement awarded contracts that ensure business risks are identified and are in compliance with business policies and procedures.
- Works directly with third-party funding partners to solidify funding arrangements.
- Provide consultative expertise regarding the internal and external clients to assist with total sales and marketing initiatives to contract personnel.
- Perform, coordinate, negotiate and manage moderate to complex cooperative purchasing contracts and statements of work with minimal oversight. Writes and provides the contract briefing that includes arrangements and obligations to cross-functional teams post-award.
- Ensures an accurate implementation and administration of contract obligations.
- Understand Toshiba's systems to support ordering, inventory and unique coding requirements associated with consortium/GPO buyers for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Escalate problems, research solutions and make recommendations and implement approved solutions. Develop and provide training for sales, operations and other field staff on consortium/GPO contract programs.
- Performs and oversees the day-to-day management of activities in support of awarded contracts. Duties include negotiating contracts, creating addenda, amendments, statement of works, etc.
- Develop content for awarded contracts and collaborate with sales and marketing on field announcements, website material and launching of statewide marketing campaigns, designing the website for internal and external contract users and providing guidance on contract interpretation (cooperative purchasing) and compliance related issues. Lead cross-functional teams and consult with subject matter experts.
- Research and identify best practices and develop a pre-sales and post-sales contract workflow, agreements and statement of works and activities (contracting requirements and administrative matters) for National Buying Consortiums, Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOS), State and Local and Federal Government. Build relationships with clients and key vendors as the subject matter expert for the awarded contract.
- Drive and participate in strategic positioning of GPO management and government contracting by taking into consideration company climate, competitive environment, systems and risks.
- Responsible for identifying gaps, making recommendations, and then championing improvements to maximize the sales under the awarded contracts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 years of increasingly responsible experience in contract administration and interpretation of large-scale contracts and providing work direction to less senior Contract staff.
- Requires a broad scope of contracting knowledge and demonstrated working experience with commercial, state, local and federal government. Working knowledge of, and the ability to communicate and interface with, other functional stakeholders in the business contracting process such as finance, legal and operations.
- Experience in developing and implementing client programs for awarded contracts that are aligned with contractual obligations and corporate strategic direction, policies and procedures.
- Comfortable with leading and managing the contract lifecycle of awarded contracts.
- A self-starter with a strong organization skills who communicates clearly in written and verbal modes.
- Capable of multi-tasking, frequently re-prioritizing workload based on changing priorities. Able to meet tight deadlines and possess good time management skills, thrives in a deadline driven environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with database technology, order management, invoicing concepts.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
- Pay Range for position (paid biweekly) is Pay Range: $87,422.40 to $101,00.00 annually depending on experience
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email to request an accommodation.