Field Service Technician II
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Field Service Technician II working in the Dallas/Ft Worth TX marketplace.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for someone to contribute their professional best.
Summary: Work within an assigned territory with the responsibility to maintain, service, and repair office equipment at customer locations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Providing technical service by maintaining, providing solutions, servicing, and repairing office equipment (B & W, color and multi-functional devices, printers, and copiers) at customer locations in assigned territories.
- Maintain, service, and repair office equipment (printers, copiers, and MFPs) at customer locations in assigned territories in an effective and efficient manner.
- Diagnostics, installation, modifications, upgrades, repair, removal, and retrofits of printers, copiers, and MFPs Complete assigned field calls according to priority while executing proper time management.
- Coordinate with dispatch and keep them informed of all re-route activity as required.
- Manage car inventory to ensure adequate part levels are available in order to service machines.
- Maintain tools and test equipment to ensure they are in service-ready condition.
- Practice PM procedures and repair techniques to build proficiency for field assignments.
- Complete service training as required by Toshiba America Business Solutions.
- Attend department meetings as required and ensure service activities are accurately documented according to service practices using automated systems and/or established reports (call, mileage, and expense reports) with activity.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Job involves frequent bending, lifting and reaching.
- A minimum of one year of experience in one or more of the following: technical repair and service of copier/office equipment or repair, installation, training of Photo ID systems/software, printers, ID Badge, and Fingerprint equipment. Advanced education or certification in respective areas can be used to meet experience requirement for ID Badge and Fingerprint systems.
- Demonstrated experience with document management, MFP, and print devices and/or 6 months of Shop Tech experience a plus.
- Good customer service skills are essential. Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work independent
- Must be computer literate and have good electro-mechanical skills.
- Must have good communications skills (written and verbal) including tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Requires a valid state driver's license and minimum level of auto insurance coverage per Toshiba policy for positions entailing extensive use of personal car while on company business.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical and dental)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email to request an accommodation.