This is a full-time, temporary position located in the Chemical and Metallurgical Laboratory at our global headquarters in Racine, WI. This is a world-class lab that supports our global operations. You will support areas including failure analysis, materials development, and manufacturing.
- Provide support to failure analysis work.
- Perform microscopy, metallography, and materials testing.
- Participate in meetings for incoming work and provide analysis recommendations.
- Support our report development and writing.
- Work with laboratory peers and management to prioritize competing work and deadlines.
- Be able to provide recommendations and material-related design alternatives to our engineering staff to resolve manufacturing or product problems.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Provide support to development projects (material, process, and product).
At a minimum, you are enrolled in a degree program related to Materials Science/Engineering and you will have completed introductory chemistry and materials engineering classes. You have relevant additional coursework and experience in materials, laboratory testing, and manufacturing.
No travel is expected, although it may be possible for you to accompany other Modine personnel to a manufacturing plant to help with materials development work for a duration of a few days to a week.
Optional housing for co-ops and interns is available at UW-Parkside (about 15 minutes driving distance from Modine). Reliable transportation required
For California Residents – Privacy Disclosure
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.