Position at TownNews
TownNews equips local media organizations with the digital services and guidance to transform their business models and flourish in the digital age. We are expanding and are looking for an onboarding Project Manager within our Online Production Team. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and overseeing TownNews' key on-boarding initiatives, including websites and online services. With the goal of creating highly satisfied customers and long term partners; the Project Manager will plan and designate project resources, ensure projects are completed within the designated timeline and budget constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for project planning and anticipating in-process timelines which are designed to meet internal and customer deadlines
- Accomplish project plans on time and within budget
- Responsible for continuously driving project progress with respect to the status of the plan and providing a weekly status report to the Team Lead
- Identifies customer needs and recommend best practices
- Ability to recognize the need for additional internal resources or when to escalate to senior management
- Must be able to communicate effectively with respect to the various project participants (publishers, newsroom staff, web staff) as well as with internal teams (sales, web designers, programmers, developers, customer support, training)
- Creates and continually updates Project Management Software, Excel spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to monitor and manage project timelines and all elements of project cost
- Generates project specific documents to assist with clear and complete communication such as; including on-boarding specifications, timelines, meeting agendas and meeting minutes, communication (email) records, design specifications and status reports
- Coordinate and facilitate regular communications over phone/video including weekly meetings
- Identify training needs and work with internal teams to schedule training and provide materials
- A strong project and process manager working with cross-functional teams to define and deliver software products and projects;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; executive presentation skills;
- Relationship building skills - develop partnerships with stakeholders and teams to drive results;
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Effective interpersonal skills (presentation, written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with Committee members, enterprises and vendors;
- Excellent skills with Project Portfolio Management(PPM), Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software, Excel, Word;
- Experience with software development and/or web technologies helpful but not required;
- Experience with WordPress CMS
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full benefits package includes: Generous paid time off, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, life insurance and more.
Can work remote or in our local office.
TownNews.com offers a chance to be creative, working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere.
TownNews.com provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.