Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Technician. The role of the Diesel Service Technician is to perform heavy-duty mechanical repair under general supervision, receive on the job training in a development program to achieve Diesel Service Journeyman status.
- Perform and/or assist in the performance of general mechanical duties
- Gain experience by working on the following items with minimal supervision: engine overhaul, fuel systems, electrical systems, transmissions, cooling systems, chassis, brakes, engine tune-up, and general maintenance
- Work on major components with close supervision
- Perform trouble shooting on minor problems
- Attend training sessions and meetings.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools.
- Advises the Shop Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
- Follows safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential - a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- OEM Continued Education
- Safety Incentives
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification
- Uniforms and Laundry Service
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training
- CDL preferred
- Minimum three years of hands-on diesel experience or graduate of vocational diesel courses
- A/C, Brake and DOT Annual Inspector Certifications required
- Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities