Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC), is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Truck Salesperson. The role of the Truck Salesperson is to sell new and used trucks by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects within an assigned territory. Position requires a broad knowledge of the Company's services, products, and marketing techniques.
- Calls on prospective customers and assigned accounts within assigned territory.
- Maintains contacts with customers in relation to their requirements; keeps current on market and customer trends.
- Identifies and profiles prospective customers, develops and applies strategy necessary to obtain orders.
- Works floor duty as assigned.
- Makes company services available to customers.
- Refers complaints and leads to proper department managers of the Company.
- Reports on competitive activity.
- Keeps informed on new products and other general information of interest to customers that will assist in sales efforts.
- Keeps records and makes reports on all phases of activities.
- Coordinates efforts with outside parts and service sales personnel to achieve full market penetration.
- Keeps all departments informed on customer needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential - a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- OEM Continued Education
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training
- Broad knowledge of Company's services, products, and marketing techniques.
- Product knowledge.
- Direct Sales or truck sales experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- High energy level and positive attitude.
- CDL required.