Des Moines Dealership
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership and leasing group. As MHC continues to grow have the need to add 15 Management Trainees to our ever-growing team. These employees are introduced to all the different facets of our business, while developing their skills for future management positions. Management trainees will receive 7-months of initial training at one of our host cities, but should be willing to relocate to any number of our awesome locations in the United States after the completion of the program!
Learn more about MHC's fast track to Management -
- Starting Salary: $50,000.00
Host Cities: Kansas City, MO - Olathe, KS - Oklahoma City, OK - Atlanta, GA - Denver, CO - Dallas, TX - Des Moines, IA
- The 7-month Management Trainee (MT) program is a rotational training program that prepares its participants for positions of influence in the organization. During the program participants will move through a series of extended rotations in all facets of the business where they will learn the tasks and functions of all departments within the organization. MTs will receive hands-on training and participate in customer calls, administrative meetings, sales, financials, interviewing and selection, performance management, all designed to give the MT exposure to the depth and breadth of the organization and provide learning opportunities. Participants will have opportunities to build relationships with leaders in all parts of the organization as they develop their own leadership and management style.
- The Management Trainee will become familiar with all operational, customer service, financial and resource management responsibilities for each of our business units. The candidate will be required to multi-task by managing daily responsibilities together with achieving measurable progress along a prescribed training schedule. Upon completion of the 7-month Trainee Program, graduates will be placed in appropriate areas of need as Assistant Department Managers. After successfully completing 12 months as an Assistant Manager, Trainees are then promoted to Department Manager where they will oversee and run their own Parts, Service, Body Shop, or Sales department. Successful Department Managers are then considered for Branch Management opportunities, and beyond.
- The Management Trainee program is a great opportunity for ambitious, leadership-minded individuals with a desire to work in a fast-paced and industry-leading organization.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential - a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training
- Leadership and sales skills
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Willingness to relocate after completion of program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Competitive mind-set
- High energy level and positive "can-do" attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled