Police Records Officer
Responsible for maintaining, organizing, purging, reproducing, and distributing police records.
- Maintain database of police records, including arrests, releases, and citations.
- Issue subpoenas and other court-related documents.
- Classify, index, and store large volume of material.
- Destroy records when necessary.
- Compose and prepare correspondence.
- Analyze and process evidence.
- Package, store, and retrieve evidence.
- Retrieve files when needed for court cases or referral.
- Submit files to supervisors.
- Identify, classify, and file fingerprints.
- Maintain complete files on criminals.
- Transfer files or make copies as needed.
- Write and review reports.
- Process film and photographs from crime scenes.
- Enter information into file accurately.
- Maintain records of evidence.
- Take fingerprints at crime scenes.
- Maintain records of prison transfers, behavior, psychological counseling, and medications.
- Scan files into database for electronic storage.
- Maintain security and integrity of database.
- Update and organize criminal records.