Responsible for issuing licenses and permits to applicants. Obtains appropriate information and verifies it for accuracy. Determines if applicant is qualified to be licensed.
- Obtain information from applicants to ascertain if they are qualified to be licensed.
- Issue licenses and permits, including driver, automobile, marriage, or other licenses.
- Ask for pertinent information, including name, address, and age.
- Ensure applicant fills out all forms appropriately.
- Time and date stamp forms.
- Create fee schedule and handle collection of fees.
- Conduct oral, visual, written, or performance test.
- Hand out materials for clients to study prior to test.
- Instruct applicants on how to obtain missing information.
- Maintain database of license suspensions.
- Deliver by mail drivers' licenses to out-of-county or out-of-state applicants.
- Send out reminders to update licenses.
- Oversee driver education programs.
- Handle correspondence from insurance companies regarding the licensure of agents, brokers and adjusters.
- Answer questions regarding licensing policies and procedures.
- Take photos of applicants for licenses.
- Operate photographic equipment.
- Perform data entry.
- Keep counters replenished with supplies, including pens, stamps, and forms.
- Ensure forms are up to date.
- Code information on license applications for entry into computers.