The primary focus of this position is to engineer, implement, and validate control systems and their components for Vehicular Thermal System products.
• Design and validate control systems for Modine Vehicular Thermal Solutions products.
• Participate in design meetings and communicate with supervisor, section manager, program manager, other product engineers (heating and cooling) and manufacturing engineers regarding product design and other issues.
• Participate in all phases of the project, from concept to production, following and utilizing the APQP process.
• Travel to customers for field troubleshooting, commissioning, or modification of existing product. Travel to Modine production facilities and suppliers to assist with product launch.
• Complete projects within allocated budget to meet Modine’s high quality and performance requirements.
• Assist Modine Application Engineers with product design and sample builds. Sample build support activities include building wire harnesses, validating product functionality, and tracking stock of electrical components and tools.
• Develop and maintain tools used by Modine engineers and technicians. This includes field service and testing tools used by Application Engineering and Sales along with tools used by plant and Warranty technicians.
• Manage suppliers of electromechanical components (controllers, wire harnesses, fans, etc.). This includes validating new parts supplied to Modine.
• Develop and maintain internal design and engineering specifications for electromechanical components.
• Perform validation on components and systems to verify functionality, performance, and reliability.
• Diagnose and repair failures as needed following the 8D process.
• Currently studying BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field.
• Must be results-oriented with excellent analytical, planning, organization, and execution skills.
• Good skills in the following competencies: Creativity, Planning & Organizing, Team Player, Judgment/Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Diagnostics, Communication, and Follow-Up.
• Must be able to demonstrate some level of programming proficiency. Experience in Python, C, and Assembly languages is preferred.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants! EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.