Job Description Summary : Job Description Summary : JOB SUMMARY
Flight Paramedics provide direct patient care in accordance with GMR protocols and/or medical direction. They also assist with coverage of open shifts as needed with the assigned area.
* Responsible for completion and submission of electronic patient care record for each dispatched flight within the specified time frame
* Responsible for daily base checks, which includes narcotic count
* Provide pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation
* Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences
* Maintain documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures in the Employee Education Manual
* Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs
* Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public
* Functions as a medical flight member
* Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation
* Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and Pilot assistance when needed, i.e. radio, navigational, and visual observation activities
* Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to liftoff
* Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed
* Responsible for filling open or vacant shifts within assigned area as deemed appropriate by the Regional Director
* Participates regularly in departmental activities, projects, and committees
* Attends and participates in meetings according to established guidelines
* Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned
* Acts as a mentor and/or participates in orientation of new employees
* Participates in continuing education programs
* Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital care through participation in professional activities, i.e. national, state legislative-elected or appointed
* Will instruct classes as directed by Program Director
* Will assist with PR and marketing at established bases where needed within the assigned area
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of three (3) years' experience in an ALS or critical care setting required
* Flight experience preferred
* Current EMT-P license/certification in the states served by the assigned area required
* BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 6 months of hire
* Advanced Certification (FP-C) preferred, required within 12 months from date of hire.
* Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
* NREMT-P certification may be require in assigned area
The knowledge, skills and abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health and flight-related journals, hospital reports, and job specific legal documentation
* Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to patient care
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Ability to multitask and perform effectively in a fast paced environment
* Exhibits professionalism, is ethical and able to maintain confidentiality
* Well-organized, analytical and self-directed
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to relate to and interact with people at all levels of the organization
* Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems | Job Description : WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The working conditions as well as physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Required to work frequently near moving mechanical parts
* Required to work in outside weather conditions
* Frequently exposed to blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles
* Frequently exposed to vibrations/turbulence
* Exposed to loud noise levels requiring headphones while in-flight and at a moderate level when in a hospital environment
* Frequently required to travel within region of assignment
* Must be willing to shave facial hair (if needed) to fit a N95 mask
* Reach with hands and arms; speak and hear
* Must possess the gross and fine motor skills necessary to sufficiently provide the full range of safe and effective patient care activities
* Frequently required to sit
* Required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell
* Lift and/or move up to 150 pounds cumulative with assistance
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
* Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Program Director, Base Clinical Lead
Interrelationships: Medical crew; patients; hospital staff | Job Description :