The Corporate Accounts Manager (CAM) is responsible for managing a global $10M+ total portfolio (base + target) of corporate accounts customers within the pharmaceutical and personal care manufacturingindustryand prospecting new customers within the Life Sciences Division. The CAM ensures that on-going relationships are maintained and grown with customers while maximizing Ecolab's offerings and profitability. The key objective of the CAM is to grow revenue by demonstrating the Ecolab promise and the value we provide as a total solutions partner - cleaner, safer, healthier - everywhere it matters.
The CAM reports to the Corporate Accounts AVP with significant interaction and partnership with field sales, corporate account finance and marketing.This position is remote but must be located near a major metro airport.
- Identify, prospect and win new Ecolab Life Sciences customers in the pharmaceutical manufacturing, health and beauty space. Determine who the key decision makers and influencers are and effectively merchandize the value of Ecolab service and product offerings in alignment with the prospect's key business needs and drivers. Build great game plans to win large deals
Account and Customer Management
- Identify key decision makers in assigned customers and cultivate relationships to ensure satisfaction and confidence in all Ecolab offerings.
- Develop a relationship strategy unique to each customer based on current and future needs that fosters a long-term, trusted relationship with Ecolab as a full-service cleaning and sanitation provider in their processes and clean rooms and production areas.
- Serve as the customer's final service guarantee by ensuring that outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner and to the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Serve as the knowledge expert with respect to understanding assigned customer businesses and share this knowledge with other key internal partners to improve the overall customer experience.
- Communicate regularly internally to ensure all parties clearly understand your strategies necessary to meet assigned customers' current and future needs.
- Partner with field sales and technical teams to ensure the best customer experience.
Business and Financial Management
- Develop and achieve sales budgets and pipelines for assigned customers that identify opportunities the Life Sciences Division.
- Structure profitable deals that support both the needs of the customer and Ecolab and that are scalable to accommodate global framework arrangements.
- Using judgment and business knowhow, negotiate large global deals to closure balancing aggressive sales techniques with solid financial considerations - leverages understanding of growth versus profitable growth.
- Partnering with the field and other internal experts, consolidate and interpret data to quantify and monetize the value that Ecolab delivers to customers. Effectively align the value Ecolab provides with customer needs and drivers to establish and/or strengthen deeply-rooted customer relationships.
- Utilize various tools, applications and reporting to produce presentations and executive summaries that demonstrate to customers, quantifiably, the value Ecolab provides in areas such as cleaning and sanitation performance, energy and resource usage and operational efficiency.
- Effectively represent Ecolab and the value we provide at industry and customer meetings.
Account Prospecting & Enterprise Selling
- Identify and prospect potential Ecolab Life Sciences customers. Determine who the key decision makers and influencers are and effectively merchandize the value of Ecolab service and product offerings in alignment with the prospect's key business needs and drivers.
- Leveraging knowledge of the full suite of Ecolab products and offerings, design/structure and deliver effective customer proposals that customize Ecolab product portfolios to address the unique needs of each prospect.
- BS degree (engineering, microbiology, chemistry or biology preferred)
- At least 7+ years of successful sales experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical or personal care manufacturing industry
- Experience managing global or key customers
- Ability to call throughout an entire organization up to executive level
- Ability to develop and execute winning sales strategies in a longer complex sales process
- Ability to routinely travel 75% (including regular international travel required)
Preferred Qualifications / Experience / Competencies:
- Sales experience with a large, global, matrixed organization
- Experience working or selling contamination control,in a clean room setting and clean in place (CIP) in a pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Selling solutions into validated applications (strongly desired)
- Skilled communicator and presenter - ability to communicate effectively to all levels within Ecolab and corporate customers.
- Strong written communication skills - can develop effective and concise written proposals, presentations and executive summaries.
- Strategic Selling - understands customer needs, our offering and develops strong strategic plans to win
- Business & financial acumen - can understand and read a P&L, can structure and close profitable deals, understands financial drivers and how to leverage them in the deal development and closing process.
- Strong interpersonal & relationship skills - listens, asks critical questions, relates well with others, comfortable and effective operating within a virtual team. Establishes cross-divisional, cross-functional connections between Ecolab and customer counterparts. Builds relationships that lead to incremental value for Ecolab.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of field sales and proven ability to collaborate and partner with this team.
- Decisiveness and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with and partner with diverse and multi-cultural employees and customers.
- Achievement Orientation - sets challenging goals and reaches them, takes ownership and responsibility for results, forecasts new opportunities and takes action to gain them, anticipates risks and proactively takes action to mitigate them.
- Initiative - seeks feedback and incorporates to improve performance, seeks development activities that fulfill learning needs, is open to changes and willing to take on challenging assignments/projects.
- Operates with integrity.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.