Windows Server Administrator - OS Support-INF000372
Assist with the design, development, implementation, support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows platform technologies. Provide subject matter expertise and provide second-level support for infrastructure technologies. Provides support to system configuration, troubleshooting, security, resource monitoring and backup/archiving. This operation role demands a high degree of accountability and an ability to learn and adapt from mistakes. In addition, the role requires a candidate to be highly flexible to the changing demands of operations and open to learning new technologies and platforms.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, maintains, tunes and upgrades the hardware, operating system, and system applications of infrastructure environment.
- Evaluates system performance and reports to management.
- Assists in system disaster recovery assistance.
- Defines development tools and procedures for daily operational support.
- Supports application activities that require specialized system programming.
- Identify changes needed in the infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals
- Manage the implementation of technology and infrastructure changes, effectively communicating customer needs to the team
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for infrastructure-related issue / crisis resolution
- Identify opportunities to save costs and more effectively manage assets and escalate the opportunities
- Ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
- Monitors delivery against SLAs and reports exceptions to management
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, when applicable
- Maintain contact with the business users to proactively identify needed changes
- Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon milestones
- Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skill development of junior staff
- Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
- College degree in related technical / business areas or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of the technology organization and / or business and technology
- Re-engineering / process improvement experience, leading and coaching quality improvement projects
- Knowledge and experience in managing and administering windows servers (hardware & operating systems), system inter-networking and inter-connectivity
- Provide system services that support Microsoft Windows 2008, Exchange, VMWARE services, CITRIX Terminal Server solutions, Domain Servers (DNS), and Active Directory (LDAP/AD).
- Server Administrator support includes server builds and disposition, system configuration, user authentication services, file and print services, directory services, mail services, capacity planning, load balancing, management of storage arrays, performance tuning, availability and resource monitoring, resource allocations, alerts, system backup and restoration, security implementations.
- Strong change management skills; change agent
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflects the current state of a given process
- Knowledge of ITIL, Six Sigma, CMM and/or other relevant methodologies.
- PowerShell scripting a plus.
Work Experience Required
- 5 to 7 years relevant work experience
Relevant Technical Skills
The Infrastructure Analyst is NOT expected to know all of the skills at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that an Infrastructure Analyst may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- Business Applications: Remedy Trouble Ticketing
- Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Software Engineering: PowerShell scripting a plus
- Information Risk Mgmt: Microsoft Exchange Server and Active Directory (LDAP/AD), Anti-virus technologies (MacAfee Suite , Norton Suite, Symantec Suite)
- Hardware: UNIX Servers (HP, IBM, Sun), Wintel Servers,
- O/S & Network: HP/UX, Windows 2000/XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, VMware services, Citrix Terminal Server solutions, Domain Servers (DNS),
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL
Job: Information Technology
Location(s): Illinois-BENSENVILLE_IL Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Wisconsin-MADISON_WI