The American Hospital Association (AHA) is a national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. We are currently seeking a temporary Copywriter for AHA Solutions in our Chicago office.
The temporary Copywriter develops original copy for marketing campaigns across a variety of media, promoting a broad portfolio of products and services to improve operational efficiencies in health care organizations and hospitals.
- Identifies and develops content for collateral, electronic promotions, newsletters, websites, blogs, and other media, including videos and press releases when applicable.
- Works closely with campaign project managers to develop succinct and compelling copy related to hospital operational issues.
- Based on campaign briefs and input meetings, develops effective copy for marketing campaigns.
- Works with other department members to understand campaign scope, deadlines and timing, accurately estimates time and effort for copy development, and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines for production and proofreading.
- Accurately predicts project turnaround time, including approvals, to ensure on time campaign launches.
- Maintains status information within project tracking system, including status of copy development and approvals by internal and external parties.
- Independently develops and executes various campaign projects and deliverables, including messaging and potentially newsletter content.
- Writes original copy and compiles content supplied from other sources; may edit secondary source material as needed.
- Leads and supports the copy/proofreading process for consistent and accurate style, usage, grammar and spelling errors, as well as errors in production.
- Bachelor's degree, English or Journalism.
- Solid and demonstrated written and oral English language communication skills.
- Outstanding performance in compelling promotional writing, as well as grammar, punctuation, syntax and spelling.
- Knowledge and confident use of several style guidelines-especially in-house guidelines and Associated Press Stylebook-is required.
- Adherence to corporate and brand styles and tone is also required.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, disability, and will accommodate individuals with physical and mental disabilities upon request.The AHA participates in the E-Verify Program.