|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Company:||Westinghouse Electric Company|
|Job Location(s):||Madison, PA|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||2 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Business Ops - Purchasing and Materials|
|US - Madison, PA|
|Senior Buyer |
Energize your career with Westinghouse Electric Company! Our commitment to safe, clean nuclear energy is second to none. As we recognize the 127th anniversary of Westinghouse Electric Company, we celebrate our rich heritage of technical innovation and commitment to ensuring our global customers' success. If you are interested in being a part of a company that values exceeding customer expectations and providing future generations around the globe with emission-free energy, we want to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Buyer.
In this position, a Sr. Buyer can expect to be responsible for the following:
* Work in the site environment while implementing center-led processes, while managing and resolving conflict issues
* Effective in remote reporting and available after hours to support the site's emergent response set up.
* Select reliable sources of supply, request and evaluate quotations.
* Verify all purchase order and change notices are complete; including the appropriate levels of approval, special terms & conditions, and that technical and quality requirements are specified.
* Process releases to Value Contracts, expedite purchase order deliverables, and resolve payment issues as necessary.
* Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions for low complexity purchase orders
* Work with commodity lead to understand and implement various negotiation and inquiry techniques
* Update SAP Information Records and Material Master, as necessary.
* Interface with Product Planners to support Inventory and Shop Operations goals.
* Communicate savings against objectives.
* Understand and comply with J-SOX regulations.
|The successful candidate for this position will possess the following: |
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
* Minimum 2 years of professional SCM experience
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
* Effective communication, planning, and organizational skills are required.
* SAP preferred
* Effective negotiation skills
Westinghouse Electric Company is a group company of Toshiba Corporation.
Check us out on facebook at www.facebook.com/Westinghousenuclear or follow us on twitter at WECNuclear.
|Supply Chain Management|
|Manufacturing, Operations & Maintenance|
|Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, STD & LTD, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, Pension Plan and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.|
|Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.|