Recruiting Coordinator (Temporary) Job
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Date: Feb 28, 2013
Location: Evanston, IL, US
Published Job Title: Recruiting Coordinator (Temporary)
Published Division/Department: Human Resources
Requisition #: 5688
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: None
Position Type: Full Time - Temporary
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Human Resources
The Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of high quality and timely support for the Talent Acquisition team. The Coordinator takes direction directly from the Recruiters and Director of Talent Acquisition. The Coordinator generally performs the following duties:
* Coordinating onsite and phone interviews for candidates with speed and efficiency.
* Maintain recruitment applicant tracking system in ensuring information is up-to-date.
* Follow established company policies to ensure non-discriminatory and legally compliant practices.
* Complete reference checks and initiate background checks of applicants in accordance with company policy.
* Coordinate travel and accommodations for candidate and hiring managers interviews.
* Prepare candidate correspondence, including emails, offer letters, etc.
* Coordinate recruiting activities, including scheduling job fairs, updating all applicant information in database, etc.
* Resolve applicant issues and follow up on their status.
* Produce ad hoc recruiting reports.
* Perform administrative duties as required to support the recruiting team.
* BA/BS preferred; with 1+ years of experience in a corporate recruiting/HR setting or equivalent experience.
* Strong verbal communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Experience with an Applicant Tracking System or similar recruiting software preferred.
* Microsoft Office programs is essential, especially Excel.
* Must be focused on producing results; cooperative, patient, calm under pressure, works independently, and should enjoy a fast paced work environment while displaying the highest level of professionalism.
* Basic practical knowledge of EEO laws preferred.
This is a full time - temporary opportunity, billed through a third party. The initial term is for three months.
J2W:CB Exp. 03/29/13
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segments: Recruiting, Temporary, Database, Human Resources, Contract, Technology