Quality Engineer - Nalco Co. - Chicago, IL
Requisition ID: 10673
Position Title: Quality Engineer - Nalco Co.
Location: Chicago, IL
Nalco Co. currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer in its Chicago (Clearing) facility. The Quality Engineer is a front line leadership role that thrives on challenge in the quest for continuous improvement in quality, process control, material efficiency, & start-up of new product production. In addition, this Quality Engineer will be the plant face to the customer though audits, routine updates, corrective actions, change management and customer complaint resolution. This person will need to coordinate with corporate quality, regulatory and marketing to assure proper execution of product specifications and customer requirements. We are seeking a dynamic leader with ISO auditing experience and experience teaching / empowering hourly employees to record data, monitor trends and alert supervisors when trending indicates quality problems.
- Provides technical guidance and works closely with Corporate Quality, R&D, and local Manufacturing and Distribution on major new product introductions. Utilizes statistical techniques to quantify and analyze plant or systems capabilities. Assists in creating an environment in which employees can work safely.
- Works cooperatively with Plants, Distribution, Engineering, R&D and Corporate Quality to identify root causes of quality issues and implement processes to resolve and prevent issues. Communicates SPC / SQC data and analyses to Quality Manager, Engineering, R&D, Marketing, Corporate Quality and often the customer.
- Generates and implements ideas that improve quality indicators, in line with quality, service, cost and investment goals. Support the implementation of Lean concepts and practices.
- Ensures that Quality System is implemented in location supported per customer and Ecolab standards. Ensure that raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods, and distribution activities meet specifications. May conduct laboratory analyses per specifications. Ensures that documentation is kept per Ecolab standards. Performs supplier or plant quality audits, reviews supplier SPC / SQC data, implement and ultimately conduct FMEA and response flow checklists (trouble-shooting at the operations level).
- Work to continuously improve process and testing capability towards a goal of Cpk >1.33 or better.
- Sets up and administers audit system for internal and external providers of materials. Works with Corporate Quality and Purchasing to qualify & rate local vendors of raw materials, packaging materials & finished goods. Drives complaints and other quality indicators results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical field with strong Chemistry component
- 2-3 years experience as a Quality Engineer or similar technical role in an industry with strong quality systems, customer expectations and use of quality tools (including demonstrated use of Statistical Process Control)
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this position
- 5+ years experience as a Quality Engineer or similar technical role in an industry with strong quality systems, customer expectations and use of quality tools (including demonstrated use of Statistical Process Control)
- 2 to 3 years experience with ISO 9001 requirements
- 2 to 3 years experience managing quality improvement projects
- 2+ years experience interacting with customers
- Six Sigma training or similar
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, relying on the diversity of our workforce to drive innovation and growth.
Disclaimer: In developing this job description, care was taken to include all qualifications considered important to perform successfully in this position. However, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been expressed with the intention of meeting the reasonable accommodation process required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its amendments. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Ad Code: J2W:MONUS1, J2W:CB1, J2W:LINA