|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Job Location(s):||Chicago, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours (i.e. shift):||1|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Engineering - General, Project Management|
|USA - West|
USA - Midwest
USA - Northeast
USA - North Central
USA - Northwest
USA - Chicago, IL
|Current opening for a Project Manager in Early Clinical Development (ECD). Seeking candidates with CNS (Central Nervous System) experience within Proof of Concept or Phase 1b. This is a remote based role. |
As a Project Manager you will:
* Lead core project team and facilitate team's ability to lead extended/complete project team. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
* Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external ancillary services.
* Serve as escalation point for CRA issues.
* Resolve conflicts as needed.
* Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track. Implement and follow pre-approved procedures for any deviations.
* Proactively engage in both quality assurance and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to both Covance and client requirements.
* Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs.
* Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
* Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director.
* Provide performance feedback of team members to respective supervisors.
* Present at external and/or internal meetings.
* Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
* Create required project plans. Implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary.
* Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to CAIR program and/or appropriate stakeholder(s).
* Serve as key client contact for assigned project(s).
* Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
* Prepare and deliver presentations in collaboration with relevant departments for new business as required.
* Meet financial performance targets for assigned project(s).
* May have leadership responsibilities for the training, utilisation, development and performance review of assigned staff.
* Manage client project metrics.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
|Education Required: |
* University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
o In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with a two (2) year Associate Degree and additional five (5) or more years of relevant clinical research experience in pharmaceutical, CRO industries or experience in a health care setting will be considered.
* Working knowledge of financial control procedures (i.e. costing systems, time reporting).
* Working knowledge of project management processes.
* Working knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
* Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
* Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
* Masters or other advanced degree.
* PMP certification.
* Working knowledge of Covance and the overall structure of the organization.
* Basic knowledge of Covance sales and business development strategies and procedures.
* Working knowledge of Covance SOPs.
|Experience Required: |
* Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical research experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks.
* In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > six (6) years supervisory experience in a heath care setting and five (5) years clinical research experience with at least one (1) year project management experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
* Experience in managing projects in a virtual environment.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively.
* Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems.
* Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
* Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently.
* Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner.
* Ability to present to staff at all levels.
* Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer programs.
MUST HAVE CNS EXPERIENCE
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
|Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.|