|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Project Estimator II|
|Company:||Granite Construction Incorporated|
|Job Location(s):||Northbrook, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Project Management , Miscellaneous|
|Position Title :||Project Estimator II|
|Requisition Number :||3544517|
|Location :||Northbrook, IL|
|Building a career at Granite, may be the most valuable thing you could do... Granite is a company that builds. Building is fundamental to our character as a company. While building a financially sound company, thousands of people have built long and productive careers at Granite. At Granite, we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development.|
* Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and manhour figures
* Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
* Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
* Develop price work based on production rates and subcontractor input
* Support the Chief Estimator in the total estimating effort relevant to particular projects as assigned
* Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures.
* Interface with owner, contractors and others, to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
* Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
* A four-year degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
* 3 to 5 years of estimating experience
* AutoCAD experience is a plus
*Excellent PC skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* HCSS, Agtek, and BIM experience are pluses
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Northbrook, IL. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. The successful candidate must be willing to travel 20% of the time.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
Granite Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.