Program Manager, EHR Systems Collaboration
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the HIMSS EHR systems collaboration effort. This position will be responsible for recruitment, management and oversight of vendor and educational institution participation in the National EHR Academic Library. The Program Manager has overall responsibility for development and the execution of various aspects of the EHR Systems Collaboration and providing support for the relationships on an ongoing basis.
The successful individual will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all HIMSS corporate members looking to partner with HIMSS to deploy an EHR offering in a collaborative environment. Follow-up and answers questions via email or telephone.
- Create intake process for vendor participants and vet potential participants. Liaise with vendors and CHIRP. Track vendor access conveyance payments.
- Administer database and coordinates student registration and access. Create and distribute information on software and program. Assist students in having a successful learning experience.
- Assume administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, budget support and budget preparation.
- Ensure that all participating member needs are executed as identified.
- Manage all aspects of educational programming, including, but not limited to webinars, virtual events, or in-person events, regarding this effort.
- Monitor all benchmarks in accordance with identified deliverables. Develops reports and issues reports on usage and production in a timely manner.
- Develop marketing and communication tactics necessary to ensure that the EHR Academic Site Access area is utilized by the various academic stakeholders. Create draft copy for marketing pieces for outreach. Facilitate the periodic review of content.
- Establish a presence at HIMSS14 and beyond for academic partners and participants.
- Participate in Health e-Workforce regular virtual meetings.
A successful candidate will need the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Healthcare or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with members and volunteers in an association setting preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a health IT setting with EHRs.
- The ability to work independently in the day-to-day responsibilities while also collaborating with the immediate Supervisor.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills while also demonstrating exceptional customer service orientation that is above reproach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication along with outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with demonstrable skills in team-building and team leadership.
- Willingness to work with a variety of HIMSS specialty applications like Personify, the Survey Tool, WebEx, and Learn.com. Further demonstrated abilities in standard HIMSS software applications like Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and organizational skills as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.