2354 Job Description
Actuant, headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, is a $1.5B diversified industrial company with operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are market leaders in branded hydraulic and electrical tools and supplies, umbilical, rope and cable solutions and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The company employes a workforce of approximately 5,900 worldwide. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU.
At Sanlo we provide standard and custom cable, wire rope and mechanical cable assemblies and products for the aerospace, agricultural, automotive, construction, industrial supply, medical, office furniture, and railroad, recreation, and security industries. Our products include wire rope and aircraft cables, Vinyl or Nylon coated cables, mechanical assemblies and wire rope and cable fittings. Our business is over 50 years old and we have locations in Indiana, and China.
The Operations Leader for Sanlo in Michigan City, IN will be responsible to execute company objectives, accelerating operational achievement of standards for manufacturing and operational capabilities. This position will also champion and lead the Continuous Improvement efforts to support the LEAD efforts throughout all facilities. This position will define and analyze strategic value streams within the operations that represent significant improvement opportunities and drive activities to meet goals.
- Drive improvements through the use of Lean manufacturing tools.
- Lead an associate workforce in the support, mentoring, coaching of Lean throughout the operations and drive the organizational Lean DNA.
- Ensure the plant complies with state and federal regulatory Health and Safety (OSHA) requirement and drive a culture of safety.
- Ensures VOC (Voice of Customer) information is actively solicited and reviewed for improvement opportunities.
- Ensure sound hiring practices, new employee training, setting of performance standards, and measuring performance against those standards.
- Directs overall quality activities for the facility. Ensures high product quality first pass yield, and conformity to product specifications are strictly adhered to and monitored.
- Monitor field failure and warranty data to review opportunities in improving production robustness.
- Actively supportive of design for manufacturability efforts.
- Active in short and long term Strategy Deployment development and execution.
- Ensures environmental compliance and support of all opportunities for energy and environmental conservation.
- Responsible managing to agreed upon financial budgets, both expense and capital.
- Must have strong organizational skills, with superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities and objectives.
- Ensures managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Support and ensure ISO 9001 processes and procedures are developed and implemented and coordinates preventative measures to enhance system capability.
- Assess business information and technology affecting functional areas keeping to the business plan, data driven to metrics.
- Ability to schedule through the use of visual systems vs. traditional MRP.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers insuring manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Technical/Industrial Engineering with 10-15 years of experience in manufacturing with at least 5 years in plant operations management.
- Experience in Production and Inventory control, Scheduling, Quality, Manufacturing/industrial engineering, ERP/MRP.
- Technical skills in lean/Six Sigma manufacturing techniques in all aspects of plant operations.
- Knowledge of Quality operating Systems. Knowledge of APQP/ PPAP.
- Demonstrated and successful linkage to New Product Development initiatives.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Team player and Team leader skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster teams driven around value stream visual management.
- Demonstrated coaching skills.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills,--both oral and written, demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, peers and production floor community.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Problem Solving Analysis and resolution at both strategic and functional levels. Passion for root cause analysis and methodical problem solving.
Michigan City, Indiana, United States Position Type