The OTJB Specialist II position is the intermediate business development and sales position in the On the Job Banking Division for internal or external candidates with a greater level of outside sales experience, proficient client interaction skills and proven sales results. This position is the natural progression from an OTJB Specialist I. This position is responsible for external sales calls to businesses, relationship management of assigned portfolio and referrals to other lines of business. The OTJB Specialist II will generate new company relationships and act as advisor to businesses and broker referral sources in the area of Health Savings/HDHP. They will also manage a portfolio of Strategic OTJB company relationships and broker referral sources. This level Specialist serves as liaison to the Commercial Bank for the program and provide support to the Retail Managers as subject matter expert in the area of OTJB Programs to identify opportunities and close business.
- Call on qualified business prospects and existing business clients to facilitate sales presentations as subject matter expert for Health Savings, Direct Pay and Simply Direct.
- Provide consultative services to external clients and act as an internal resource for FMB in the area of Health Savings, Direct Pay and Simply Direct.
- Close business with companies to meet sales goals in the area of new companies and referrals for additional bank products/services.
- Participate in joint calls with Commercial, Retail and other lines of business for related On the Job Banking activities.
- Facilitate group presentations for company employees, community organizations and networking groups.
- Responsible to manage Health Savings broker referral relationships. Work directly with brokers and companies referred to FMB to coordinate the implementation of Health Savings benefit enrollments.
- Keep informed of competitive OTJB Programs within our markets and government regulatory changes affecting Health Savings as part of Health Care Reform legislation.
- Lead quarterly On the Job Banking Group Strategy Session's, prepare agenda and materials to facilitate meetings.
- Participate in Retail, Commercial and other lines of business meetings to create program awareness, build internal relationships and meet performance to plan expectations.
- Revisit existing client relationships where support for program is lacking or non-existent to re-introduce the On the Job Banking Program.
- Lead branches in the coordination of large on-site enrollments with multiple locations spread across multiple Retail Groups.
- Generate referral sources for Health Savings via appointments with Insurance Brokers, Employee Benefit Providers, CPA's and Attorney's.
- Field all internal new company prospect referrals and integrate with appropriate lines of business to coordinate calling efforts.
- Review weekly low balance/unfunded account reports to identify and communicate to the branches On the Job Banking accounts at risk of closing.
- Participate in monthly teleconference and semi-annual in-person department sales meetings to report sales activities, identify obstacles, share best practices and recognize accomplishments.
- Attend bank product and sales training, annual sales conference and seminars considered beneficial to career growth and overall betterment of the On the Job Banking Program.
- Maintain knowledge of bank products, services policies and government regulations to ensure that program sales and operational activities are properly implemented.
- Prepare monthly performance to plan reports for department manager and commercial sales managers.
- Attend on-sites enrollments as identified in the department plan for the purpose of quality monitoring, and to effectively support/influence bankers in the area of quality client conversations and needs fulfillment.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.