Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc. (IMO), developers of the most widely used and physician-preferred terminology service for electronic health records (EHR) systems, is seeking a highly detailed individual to join our growing team. This position is ideal for an entry level college graduate with an organized approach to thinking and studies in library science, philosophy, linguistics, or the humanities. A love of words and language and/or word puzzles and word games would also provide an indicator that you could be a good fit for one of these positions.
IMO is rapidly expanding its terminology software into all segments of the healthcare industry. At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers and engineers combines computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. IMO is a privately held multi-million dollar corporation enjoying explosive growth. If a challenging, fast paced, energetic work environment appeals to your career interests, do come and join our fast growing team!
IMO's Unique Culture:
IMO fosters a company culture of quality, innovation, and fun where employees can develop their talents and passions. Our executives and employees have an entrepreneurial spirit, which allows our talented team to continually grow technically, professionally, and personally while helping solve some of the most difficult problems facing healthcare today. Not surprisingly, we are able to boast one of the lowest attrition rates within the industry.
IMO offers a casual dress work environment; healthy living initiatives; and a strong benefits package including medical/dental /vision, 401K with a history of strong match, competitive PTO, and much more. Downtown commuters will enjoy free shuttle service from the local Metra stations to IMO's door step in Northbrook.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensuring that all content released to our clients meets our high standards and expectations.
- Acquiring a working knowledge of IMO terminology solutions.
- Working with other terminologists on the team to perform maintenance, development, and QA of IMO's terminology content.
- Taking responsibility for and leading new initiatives in terminology development.
- Evaluating medical terms that come from clients or internal projects.
- Working closely with Clinical Terminologists.
- Running SQL queries and making modifications to existing queries.
- Monitoring QA jobs on a regular basis.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Participating in editorial policy discussion and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience
- Proficiency with MS Office products; MS Access experience helpful
- Clinical background helpful, but not required
- Course in anatomy or clinical terminology helpful
- Strong search skills (via Google and other search engines)
- Database and SQL experience a plus
- Solid English vocabulary and knowledge of English grammar
- Detail oriented
- Love of words and language
- Enjoys word puzzles, word games, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Logical thinker
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with little direction
- Flexibility with job assignments and due dates
- Prepared to spend most of one's time at a computer
- Ability to work longer hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in team environment