Master/Tactical Planner - Nalco Co. - Naperville, IL
Requisition ID: 11061
Position Title: Master / Tactical Planner - Nalco Co.
Location: Naperville, IL
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an opening for a Master/Tactical Planner in their Naperville location. The Master/Tactical Planner, in the Supply Planning organization, is mainly responsible taking the demand signal, netting against on-hand inventory and creating the Master Production Schedule (MPS). In performing this role, the Tactical Planner is responsible for managing the service and inventory level(s) for a Family Chemistry(ies) to targets. In addition, the Tactical Planner is liaison for Sales and Customer Service to the manufacturing operations to resolve customer service issues.
- Conversion of demand plan into supply plan for Family Chemistry for all the stocking locations associated with that Family. This includes sending a forecast to manufacturing locations as well as optimizing network inventory.
- Create and/or change forecast to initiate production requirements at manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain required inventory levels for Family Chemistry(ies) at warehouse and plant locations to meet customer service levels (CRD Service Level).
- Review suboptimal inventory levels on a daily basis for assigned Family, investigate variances from service levels, and Implement corrective action as necessary
- Identify and resolve forecast accuracy and lead time issues with key stakeholders including Demand Planning, SBUs, and PLMs.
- Identify and resolve capacity constraints over the planning horizon.
- Balance production planning across the network to maintain sprint capacity. This includes load leveling in preparation for maintenance shut downs, seasonal volumes, etc.
- Regularly monitor and address inactive, slow moving, and excess inventory Monitor key master data and supply chain parameters In SAP (e.g. Safety Stock, Family Chemistry).
- Coordinate interplant scheduling constraints related to schedule break-Ins, raw materials, etc. facilitated through regular communication.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operation Planning, or related degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of applicable Supply Chain Planning experience; specifically, inventory management or master planning with global operations
- Proven ability to conduct complex, quantitative and statistical analyses complimented with qualitative inputs from multiple sources to draw conclusions, make recommendations
- A track record of successfully delivering to business objectives against schedule and quality expectations
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to make critical decisions. Take a leadership role in building consensus among several parties.
- High level of proficiency with common ERP systems, especially SAP (Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), Materials Management (MM), Production Planning (PP). High level of proficiency with JDA Planning.
- Position requires a high level proficiency with MS Excel, reporting software and competency in Word and PowerPoint. High level MS Access experience highly desirable.
- Familiar with managing key performance metrics as a basis for process Improvement. Ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
- APICS Certification
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to work with minimal direction
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, relying on the diversity of our workforce to drive innovation and growth.
Disclaimer: In developing this job description, care was taken to include all qualifications considered important to perform successfully in this position. However, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been expressed with the intention of meeting the reasonable accommodation process required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its amendments. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Primary Location: US-IL-Naperville
Ad Code: J2W:CB1, J2W:LINA