|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Major Account Executive|
|Company:||G&K Services Company|
|Job Location(s):||Justice, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Sales - Representatives/Service|
Major Account Executive-294441
Accountable for profitable revenue growth and sales of G&K products and services to designated customer and prospect accounts within an assigned geographic territory. Achieve sales success by analyzing and meeting customer needs. Develop and implement sales plans, sell products, provide customer support and ensure the successful installation and transition of accounts to the service team. Assist with the training of Territory Sales Associates and other employees as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Achieve annual sale targets by working with the Sales Manager to establish selling strategy and tactics. Obtain orders and establish new accounts; plan and organize daily work; call on existing and potential customers. Analyze customer needs, requirements and strategic plans, while recommending solutions with G&K programs. Keep management informed through regular activity reports and communications. Meet all expectations and activities for Major Account Executives (see the Sales Manager Answer Book).
*Meet the Average Weekly Rental (AWR) Revenue quota (minimum of $150.00/AWR).
*In coordination with the Sales Manager, obtain orders and establish new accounts with targeted new business opportunities, through application of professional selling skills and sales planning techniques.
*Manage the sales order process from order acceptance to delivery, in a timely and professional manner; coordinate with marketing pricing. Manage customer contracts by verifying supplied products and contractual service levels.
*Under the direction of the Sales Manager, maintain certain customer accounts for 6-12 months for the purpose of enhancing customer satisfaction, increasing product penetration and the generation of referrals. Provide technical support to customers; identify and resolve customer complaints.
*Enhance customer value by acting as a business consultant to customers* key management; develop a thorough understanding of customer*s business, mission, strategy, operational issues; advise customers on best product mix to accomplish their objectives. Recommend customer discounts, custom solutions, and/or special considerations. Document value offered and delivered to the customer in clear, customer-accepted financial terms.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks. Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner; participate in team sales calls, proposal development, pricing presentations, consultative selling techniques and order closing strategies.
*Develop sales plans and strategies for active and potential pursuits. Coach sales personnel in proposal development by identifying proposal themes and *selling points* and prepare various components such as executive summaries.
*Assist with training Territory Sales Associates, Territory Sales Reps, and Territory Sales Executives.
*Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating product results and competitive developments; communicate customer requirements not currently offered by G&K to Marketing.
*Build successful customer relationships through effective business calls and customer entertainment at senior levels of the service organization.
- Maintain Siebel customer opportunity detail, pipeline report and other required reports or documents. Assist Marketing by providing ongoing information regarding customer trends, issues and requests related to products and applications.
- Bachelor*s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years successful sales experience
- Industry work experience preferred
- Possess knowledge and skill level of Territory Sales Representative position and demonstrate mature sales account management skills
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated ability to: meet sales goals, overcome obstacles, sell enthusiatically and with a customer focused approach, close sales in complex, multi-location organizations, train and coach less experienced employees on sales process and closing the sale
- Demonstrated behaviors that are cooperative and compatible with G & K sales (actively participating in team projects and helping out when asked)
- Actively: search for solutions to customer needs and learn from successes and failures; take initiative to upgrade personal skills
- Illustrate achievement-oriented behaviors, such as striving to exceed goals
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and reasoning skills are essential. Excellent: verbal and written communications skills; listening skills and ability to communicate persuasively with individuals and groups; relationship-building skills
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, LICENSES etc.:
- Industry knowledge helpful
- Must provide annual proof of auto insurance that complies with requirements included in G & K*s automobile reimbursement program
- Must possess valid driver*s license, and have the ability to obtain/maintain a vehicle through G & K*s automobile reimbursement program
- Must have successfully completed the G & K Sales Training Program (internal candidates) or have the ability to do so (external candidates)