The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance of all material handling systems and facilities in the distribution center. This role also performs maintenance services for the entire facility. This role is also expected to troubleshoot and resolve material handling systems and facilities issues in the distribution center.
- Associates degree or certifications in electrical and/or mechanical technology or equivalent.
- 1 year electrical training work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment in an industrial environment, and read blueprints including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and construction drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 8 or more hours of standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders. - Comfort working in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as the weather fluctuates, noise form conveyors and forklifts.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven working experience using a Maintenance Management System.
- Distribution Center experience preferred.
- Experience with industrial control systems preferred.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting techniques to correctly identify problems in general facility equipment and material handling systems as well as lead others in using these techniques to keep equipment running and quickly return down equipment to service.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all material handling systems in the distribution center – conveyor systems, forklifts and battery chargers, etc.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all general facility equipment and be able to identify when an outside contractor is needed-HVAC systems, emergency fire and sprinkler systems, cafeteria equipment (WDC), plumbing, electrical systems, etc.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Perform 8 or more hours of standing, bending, lifting, walking and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Provides maintenance services throughout the facility as assigned.