|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Junior Data RecoveryTechnician|
|Job Location(s):||Schaumburg, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours (i.e. shift):||Day Job|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||1 year|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||IT - General|
- - Evaluate and determine if and how data can berecovered from a wide variety of recording and storage media, includingmagnetic and optical media, file and mail systems.
- - Recover data from media with a wide varietyof problems, including minor physical, electrical, and firmware damage.
- - Replace defective read/write recording headassemblies and transplant platters on defective hard drives.
- - Analyze and repair damaged file systems anddeleted files.
- - Prepare data return to clients on newrecording and storage media.
- 1 year of experience in IT industry / helpdesk support. Bachelor Degree in EE orCS is a plus.
* - Strong knowledgeof MS DOS and MS Windows is required. Apple Mac OS and UNIX is a plus.
* - Hands onexperience disassembling various computer and peripherals hardware.
* - Electroniccomponents soldering skills.
- Programming andscripting skills is a plus.
Position is based remotely in Chicago, Illinois.
No relocation assistance provided.