The Infrastructure Engineer primarily works with customers to analyze functional and technical requirements that make up the underlying operating environment in support of the business processes. Works with Project Managers to develop project scopes, estimates, milestones, and timelines and acts as a technical resource for all assigned project work. Provides a road map and direction to guide the selection and deployment of technology solutions, and manages the overall environment Technology Portfolio. Selects infrastructure technologies in support of business needs. Manages the portfolio of infrastructure technologies, including the identification, enhancement and retirement of viable technologies. Prescribes common building blocks and methods for application and selection of these technologies. Manages the infrastructure architecture process with connection to the business and related architecture functions (Business, Software and Application) in order to continually evolve the infrastructure disciplines.
Education & Related Experience
- BS degree in MIS, CIS or related field OR equivalent related work experience.
- Experience creating WAN diagrams utilizing MS Visio.
- Experience working on medium to large scale projects. This includes estimating timelines, identifying important project milestones and managing to those milestones.
- Ability to train small groups by effectively creating the curriculum and facilitating the session.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Consultative/strategic customer service approach experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in both non-technical and technical terms.
- Ability to travel (possibly up to 25%) and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record.
Advanced Skill Set
- Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Routing - EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Access Lists
- Switching - VLANs, Spanning Tree, VTP
- WA Circuits (MPLS, PtP, Metro-E, etc.)
- Configuration and support of site to site VPN tunnels
- Configure and Design:
- MPLS, PtP, PRI w/DID trunks
- VLAN trunking
- MPLS with automatic failover to VPN
- Troubleshoot Circuit issues (e.g. flapping down, etc.)
- Infrastructure issues in a multi-site/multiple circuit scenarios
- Cisco QoS configuration in a voice and video environment
- Ability to upgrade infrastructure device firmware
- Ability to configure, implement, and support device failover/DR/BCP solutions
Intermediate Skill Set
- Wireless Access Point Configuration
- SIP Trunking
- Voice Circuits (PRI, analog lines, DID's etc)
- MS Active Directory knowledge (GPO's, LDAP, OU structure, etc)
- Cisco ASA firewall
- Citrix XenApp 5 and or 6
- IPS Devices
Desirable but not required
- Orion Solarwinds - Network Performance Monitor; Netflow; IPSLA; Application Monitor
- MS SharePoint - Working within the application as well as basic manipulation
Senior level role. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Uses best practices and knowledge of technologies and processes that are appropriate for the architecture discipline the incumbent is assigned to improve FIS products and/or services. Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Serves as a resource for less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.