DaVita VillageHealth's IT Support Analyst will provide in-house and remote Help Desk support to VillageHealth teammates by responding to phone calls to identify hardware and software problems as well as provide resolution to IT issues. This position may also install, configure, deploy, maintain, and support hardware, peripherals, and software throughout VillageHealth to ensure optimum functioning of IT systems and hardware.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify and provide problem resolution of IT related issues for VillageHealth
- Monitor, order, and log preventative maintainance, technical service repairs, and supplies for onsite printers, fax machines, and copiers as needed
- Participate in IT related projects and trainings as requested
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a VillageHealth IT Support Analyst:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or three (3) years' experience in related IT field demonstrating a broad IT background in hardware, software, server administration, security, basic IT infrastructure, and healthcare applications may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated networking and desktop skill set with remote user support experience
- Excalated or second-level hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities with shifting timeframes, and meet deadlines; high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated strengths in organization, attention-to-detail, reasoning, criticial thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying needs through probing, questioning, and listening
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.