Responsible for the execution of an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) operation
contract(s) site. Supervise the staff assigned to mechanical operations, programming, monitoring, alarm response or other contracted activities. Communicate with client and O&M team on all issues concerning execution of the contract.
- Ensures delivery of serviceswith a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities toexpand contract scope.
- Responsible for hiring, training and scheduling the staff needed to fulfill O&M
- contractual obligations.
- Responsible for programming and monitoring alarm responses and mechanical operations.
- Contract may specify responsibilities for HVAC, mechanical, fire, security systems, etc.
- Communicates with client and other facility occupants to ensure customer satisfaction and
- enhance our opportunity to secure "contract extras".
- Maintains and updates all assigned systems.
- Develops and implements an employee training and development plan.
- Provides regular management reports as requested by the O&M team and the client.
- May be required to be on call 24/7 to provide telephone assistance as well as emergency
- response to the facility.
- Ensures compliance to all city, state, and federal license and certification requirements.
- Maintains and submits all records and documents to proper authorities.
- Reviews all work and assures performance in accordance with established safety
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent field experience.
2. Five or more years experience in operations and maintenance.
3. Food Manufacturing production experience required.
4. Able to program and operate Building Automation Systems.
5. Basic knowledge of HVAC systems and their operation.
6. Demonstrated leadership abilities.
7. Able to manage and train entry-level personnel.
8. Able to deal with customers and others at all levels.
9. Knowledge of JCI procedures and policies.
10. Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.
Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414) 524-8999 and press option #0 or email us at HR_Recruitment@jci.com.