The Export Customer Service Associate will have responsibility to provide superior customer service by focusing on the individual needs of each customer, directly or through the support of other team members, promoting long-term customer relationships and customer loyalty.
Builds strong customer relationships, loyalty and retention.
* Diligently complies with Grainger export policies / procedures and government export regulations.
* Enters export quotes and orders into SAP system compatible to the company's product offering and foreign market suitability, ensuring unique foreign country-specific destination requirements are satisfied. Flawless execution of order entry directly affects the Export Documentation produced, ensuring uninterrupted customs clearance at the foreign destination.
* Assists customers in the selection of Grainger products(s) while ensuring foreign electrical requirements are met.
* Determine hold for complete lead times for product availability to single export fulfillment DC and coordinate with Field Inventory Specialists (FIS) to meet delivery requirements. Continually apprise customers of any delays in product availability due to vendor rescheduling.
* Determine the most cost-effective, efficient, and competitive overseas transportation method utilizing selected Freight Forwarders/Carriers specializing in specific foreign market lanes.
* Coordinate International logistics with Freight Forwarders/Carriers and obtain advance bookings.
* Applies International credit and pricing procedures to meet customer expectations while minimizing financial risk for the organization. Utilize payment in advance, Sight Drafts and Letters of Credit.
* Maintain all documents related to the export transaction including but not limited to: quote request, quote confirmation, Purchase Order, Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, NAFTA, Consular Invoices, Export Packing List, Shipper's Letter of Instruction, Certificate of Compliance and/or Conformity, Air and Ocean Bills of Lading, Hazardous Materials Declarations, Shipper's Export Declaration and corresponding proof of Electronic AES Filing.
* Addresses customer concerns, service failures, and resolve issues resulting from foreign customs delays.
Bi-Lingual Spanish abilities is requried.