At C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. our roots run deep. In 1905, Charles Henry Robinson started a small produce brokerage that developed the traditions and standards of service that shaped the Fortune 500 Company we are today. As a global provider of multimodal transportation and produce services, we are headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and operate through a network of more than 7,000 employees in more than 235 offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. We are the largest third party logistics (3PL) company in North America, and our services extend to more than 35,000 customers globally, ranging from other Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in a variety of industries.
Our people are our greatest asset and create a unique corporate culture that has built strong relationships with customers around the world. They execute our tradition of service on a daily basis and take pride in sustaining our dynamic leadership in the transportation logistics industry. You'll feel the energy the moment you step into one of our branches. That energy is what inspires us to find motivated individuals to join us in our quest to find solutions, develop innovative technology, and provide exceptional service to our customers.
If you want to be part of an integral and progressive industry, consider an entry-level position on our Transportation Sales Team in Woodridge, IL. You will first become a transportation and logistics expert. This means learning the ins-and-outs of the industry from the experts, your team members. Armed with the ability to help businesses of all sizes to improve the efficiency and cost of transportation, you'll be securing new business and helping existing clients expand the use of our services. You will be responsible for growing the business primarily through generating sales leads, soliciting new accounts, increasing the services provided on current accounts, and selling all of C.H. Robinson's services (including, but not limited to; Truckload, LTL, Intermodal and Global Forwarding). You will be in daily contact with customers of various sizes, building relationships, problem solving and assessing their needs.
- Independently generating new sales revenue for the team they support
- Majority of time spent managing customer interactions: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, making customer calls, and closing deals
- Collaborates with team on pricing decisions, the selection of supplier and timing of shipments
- Focuses on selling the core products, modes and services of their branch
- Participates in face-to-face meetings, typically partnering with a more senior sales representative
- Transitions account or may handle operational execution (sourcing carriers, negotiating rates, problem-solving, manage issues, and other tasks as required) of the business of C.H. Robinson
- Works with manager in forecasting, business planning, and strategy
- Effective communication/negotiation skills
- Competitive personality
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Growth and sales oriented
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Customer service or sales experience
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer