The Director of Payor Contracting is primarily responsible for developing and sustaining positive relationships with both payors and providers; using the "messenger model" to assist Lifeline managed centers in securing appropriate contracts with payors; keeping Lifeline managed centers informed of market reimbursement issues that materially impact those centers in their payor contracting territory; and providing strategic response options that each center can choose to accept/implement, or reject. In this position, you will report to our Vice President of Reimbursement. The assigned area will include the Eastern United States. This is a virtual home-office position.
In addition to the messenger contracting model for Lifeline managed centers, for those access centers that are majority owned by Lifeline or are part of a clinically integrated network, this person will:
- Develop strategies targeted to local markets to achieve managed care objectives
- Target and create contracting opportunities with payors to improve growth and revenue
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments to ensure the successful delivery on our contracts
- Maintain effective ongoing relationships with payors to facilitate future contracting opportunities as well as maintain current business
- Manage the contracting process from initial contact, language review, and rate negotiation until completion
- Continuously maintain a negotiation posture that will lead to increased revenue in existing agreements and one that will assure the highest revenue in all new contracts
- Develop market intelligence resources and successfully implement new payor contracts
- Participate in Revenue Operations, Finance, Payor Contracting projects as requested
- Travel required up to 80%. Position is a remote position not based in Lifeline home office in Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum five years managed care experience in a contracting role or equivalent negotiating experience
- Deep knowledge of contracting with health plans and insurance companies required
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 70 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, insurance billing services, and regulatory compliance. The Lifeline Vascular Access network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita, the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,500 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."