31-641 Job Description
The TECNA Director reports to the organization's Executive Committee and President. The position is responsible for the day to day management of TECNA as well as planning for programs and projects that will further its development and growth.
- Maintain and increase TECNA council membership from year to year.
- Work with the TECNA President and designated TECNA Committees to oversee the planning, coordination and execution of TECNA's events:
- Washington Fly-In
- CEO Retreat and Conference
- Major Summer Conference
- Work with volunteer chairs to maximize attendance and sponsorships at events and develop systems to build strong sustainable programs and content.
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with CompTIA and the TECNA representatives respectively and between the two organizations.
- Communicate CompTIA program offerings to TECNA Council members.
- Support TechVoice, CapWiz and advocacy of federal policy initiatives to TECNA members.
- Design, with TECNA and oversee a new major national program that will bring together the winners from all TECNA members for a world-class annual, awards event.
- Ensure active participation in all research activities and surveys and complete press coverage of these activites.
- Actively promote other TECNA's programs including but not limited to, periodic membership and legislative best practice calls.
- Encourage best practices in programming by identifying, standardizing, and promoting quality local TECNA programs and services that will benefit other TECNAs through replication and implementation.
- Identify Local TECNA and national partner revenue opportunities. Coordinate the selling and package delivery as well as generation of affinity programs.
- Identify and sell sponsorships for TECNA that support the initiatives of TECNA and CompTIA .
- Coordinate TECNA technical operations, including quality assurance on the TECNA website, CRM, and communication programs.
- Identify federal grant programs, write proposals and coordinate and execute awarded grants.
- Actively promote global trade missions, if and when it's determined that TECNA member organization and/or their members approve global programming as a priority.
- Support the recruitment of new members through organized recruitment plans and initiatives.
- Coordinate all STEM and Workforce programs through and with TECNA Committees
- Strategic planning for TECNA Board retreats (Support and ID Contractors for Individual Councils)
- Execute all TECNA communications
- 6 or more years of experience in progressively responsible positions within a non-profit environment.
- BA degree in business, marketing, administration or other relevant program.
- Relevant corporate sponsorship sales experience with demonstrated track record.
- At least 5 years' experience in grant writing.
- At least 3 years working with technology industry groups and/or a strong understanding of the issues associated with various technology sectors including but not limited to the IT industry.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present to large audiences.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Downers Grove, Illinois, United States Position Type