PERFORMANCE has built our business...
The Director has cross functional responsibility, authority and accountability for the definition, planning and execution of Henkels & McCoy designated projects and programs within the Central Region. This position will work in cooperation with the Company PMO in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and templates that support the Henkels & McCoy PMM and ensure that PMO staff, project and program teams receive appropriate training and support during project execution.
The position is responsible for staffing and managing the Regional Project Management Office (PMO) to provide support to project teams during all four phases of a project. The PMO staff consists of but not limited to, Sr. Project Manager, Project Managers, Contract Management, Scheduling and Field Engineers. This team provides both on site and off site support to project teams and works to ensure project goals are met.
Project Managers (PM) report to the PMO Director during the life of the project/program as either a direct or indirect report, while maintaining a functional reporting line to the Line of Business Director. This position involves a high level of responsibility requiring excellent management skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to all levels of company management, internal and external stakeholders and customers, and the ability to mentor project managers and members of the project team in project management skills and additional duties as assigned.
The Director is responsible for the implementation and adherence to Company Policy 103 while ensuring like guidelines and practices are applied for all projects not meeting Level 4 requirements.
|Major Job Elements:|
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that will improve the effectiveness and encourage consistency among all operations.
- Responsible for the success of all projects under the purview of the Central Region PMO which requires ensuring customer satisfaction, contract compliance and financial performance are all effectively managed. Provides insight to Regional Management regarding the PM competencies of operations.
- Manages the contract review process and participates in the negotiation of contractual agreements. Responsible for prequalification of subcontractors and ensures subcontract agreements are in place for all active subcontractors.
- Oversee the staffing, project set-up and kick-off for all Level 4 projects as defined in Company Policy 103 and monitor project status during execution and make variances visible while assisting the project team with developing recovery plans.
- Regional owner and resident advocate for the quality implementation and compliance with the H&M PMM for the region. Evaluate and solicit feedback on processes and procedures and assess the project management maturity to identify areas for enhancements. Support corporate PMO for enhancements and consistency among regions.
- Develops and performs training to operations on PM methodologies/process, tools and their applications.
- Facilitates the project reviews to ensure the status and performance data is provided to management and stakeholders.
- Provides oversight and management to Project Managers for all phases of the project. Assist PM and project team in change management so that scope, schedule, and contract value changes are identified, communicated and managed effectively. Help project managers move more quickly through the learning curve, by enhancing their capabilities. Provides monitoring for effective implementation of the PMM in projects.
- Develops and provide reports to corporate PMO and management for project status, schedules, metrics, training needs, etc.
- Participate in the recruiting process for PM staff whether assigned to the Regional PMO or to Operations.
- Provides direction and leadership to all area personnel through weekly staff meetings, quarterly area managers meetings, bi-weekly conferences and daily interface.
- 4 year BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 10 years of relevant Project Management Experience.
- Formal Project Management foundation coursework, or knowledge and experience in Industry PM Methods.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of operations, construction, design, finance and management required.
- Proficient in CPM scheduling and software applications (Primavera, MS Project).
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer