2239-177 Job Description
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Coordinator will manage the daily activities related to the Circle of Friends program. The Coordinator will also assist the Director, Events and COF, to identify and guide community volunteer groups who organize events benefiting Lurie Children's Hospital.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent customer service to all inquiries made regarding Circle of Friends fundraisers and events.
- Frequently serve as the liaison to the event organizer by representing LCH/LCF appropriately and assisting donor with event logistics, materials, logos, etc.
- Ensure all Circle of Friends applications and information are entered into Raisers Edge in a timely manner.
- Speak at events and accept checks on behalf of Lurie Children's Foundation.
- Manage Circle of Friends social media pages.
- Provide organizational and logistical support for the Development Officer, COF and approved Circle of Friends events.
- Provide on-site management at events by working with location representatives, vendors, and staff to execute successful events.
- Assist Development Officer, COF in overall marketing of the program.
- Assist Director on an as needed basis with other projects.
- Manage new and existing programmatic fundraising initiatives working with local businesses, such as restaurants.
- The Development Officer, COF will serve as a mentor to the Coordinator, COF. The Coordinator will partner with the Development Officer to ensure the goals and objectives of the COF are successfully met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of professional experience.
- Experience working closely with professional, donor or client constituent groups vital.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- A strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Experience working with Raiser's Edge or comparable database systems is desired.
- A strong understanding of social media network.
- Ability to compose, edit and proof written language and to communicate effectively on a verbal level.
- Must be able to attend meetings and events, some of which are held during evening hours and on weekends.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities essential.
- He or she must be independent, accurate, and reliable. Must be able to perform effectively under the pressure of demanding deadlines, and work with limited supervision/instruction.
- A team attitude is necessary to work with internal and external constituencies.
Chicago, , United States Position Type
Monday - Friday