- Plans for collection method, data cleansing, and normalization of enterprise data to support decision making and reporting.
- Assures integrity of data, software, and hardware; develops policies and procedures related to development and support of new and ongoing systems.
- Designs logical and physical data models according to the enterprise standards
- Conducts and participates in peer review data modeling sessions
- Communicates data design to business users and application teams
- Analyzes data requirements, interviews subject matter experts on business rules and data specifications
- Utilizes data modeling automation tools for agile data development
- Coordinates data models, dictionaries, and database documentation across multiple applications.
- Works with data transformation teams to ensure design is properly communicated.
- Associates Degree in a Technical Field
- 1 year of experience in SQL
- 2 years of experience in Hands-on with databases, mainframe/UNIX systems
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering
- Database Vendor Certification, like Oracle , UDB, Teradata
- 2 years of experience in SQL
- 3 years of experience in Hands-on with databases, mainframe/UNIX systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mettawa-Chicago - Mettawa (35051)