Credit Card Product Specialist - 6111 N. River Rd. - (NB13554)
|Job Requisition ID: ||NB13554 |
|Job Title: ||Credit Card Product Specialist - 6111 N. River Rd. |
|Job Type: ||Full-Time |
|Location: ||Des Plaines, IL |
|Years Experience: ||2-3 |
|Job Location: ||6111 N. River Road - ROSEMONT|
|Job Description:|Reference: NB13554
Oversee the Commercial Credit Card program. Focus on operations, business research analysis, client implementation, reporting, documentation to support internal groups, vendors, and senior personnel. May support external client sales and retention efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While this position will have a primary focus on the job duties and responsibilities as described below, the incumbent will also serve as interim/backup support when team members are out of the office.
- Serve as Commercial Credit Card Program SME.
- Process Ownership (e.g. Billing error review, Ad-hoc data requests).
- Work with Credit Card Product Manager to manage the vendor relationships associated with the Credit Card products including developing strong communication channels, overseeing vendor performance and reviewing billing and other costs to the bank.
- Identify and implement process improvements related to operation and management of the Commercial Credit Card products.
- Generate/Analyze program reports on a daily basis to insure optimal performance.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Function as the day-to-day contact for new and existing program support, inquiries, and problem resolution.
- Perform account research and analysis, as needed.
- Oversee and assist in development of marketing programs.
- Support Sales efforts.
- Facilitate program training for internal and external clients.
- Document business requirements to support business initiatives / projects.
- Work closely with internal and external partners to develop and implement system functionality to support business objectives.
- Serve on or participate in bank-wide product committees, business systems/retail banking meetings, weekly retail management meetings and other assignments as appropriate.
- Lead meetings with internal and/or external partners.
- Oversee other projects as needed to further enhance retail products and profitability.
- Attend product and vendor application training.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects on request.
- Occasional travel may be required (vendor visits, branch visits, etc.).
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- "LIVE" the Bank's Mission Statement and "PRACTICE" the Bank's Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Analytical/problem solving and solid decision-making skills.
- Skilled in understanding and focusing on internal/external client needs, establishing credibility and building relationships with internal clients and external vendor partners.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with others.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and the public.
- Skilled in maintaining organization and meeting defined timelines.
- Skilled in managing inter-departmental team projects.
- Skilled in facilitating presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Knowledge of the credit card industry preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Microsoft Access, and Spreadsheet software.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to, and pass, a pre-employment urine drug screening.