|Position:||Community Snap Coordinator|
|Company:||Greater Chicago Food Depository|
|Job Location(s):||Chicago, IL|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Social Services/Community, Management and Supervision, Non-Profit/Associations|
|Community Snap Coordinator|
|More information about this job:|
This position serves as primary contact with individuals and their families in determining eligibility for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. SNAP Coordinators work extensively with Community Service Coordinators to meet member agency needs. Visit agencies on a regular basis to ensure SNAP guidelines and requirements for agencies are being met. Participate in the development of strategic plans in keeping with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Follow SNAP guidelines and regulations, administer the completion of SNAP applications wherever outreach is being held. Ensure tracking for evaluation and reporting.
- Provide case management to assist clients in applying toward a successful completion via in-person or phone interaction, educating clients about the program as necessary.
- Internally and externally represent the organization through in-depth knowledge of SNAP policy, keeping updated and informed.
- Ensure collaboration with all teams and alignment with organization.
- Gain working knowledge of Community Services' functions to provide necessary support.
-Direct service experience in public benefit programs and respective application processes preferred
-Proficient in MS-Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
-Fluent in English and Spanish, strong verbal and written skills
-Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
-Excellent project management and organizational abilities
-Access to vehicle, valid driver license and insurance