The Commissions Supervisor oversees the day to day responsibilities of a team that handles the calculation of accurate commissions earned by sales coworkers. As well, this role drives opportunities for process improvement and automation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Prepare commission earnings. Including calculation and testing system generated calculations to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of earnings.
• Support all the Commission Analysts in processing all adjustments submitted.
• Lead the escalation process for inquiries and requests for adjustments from Sales and Finance.
• Ensure the commission payment file is sent to Payroll in a timely manner.
• Work closely with Sales, Finance, Coworkers Services, IT, Logistics and other areas to identify and prioritize opportunities to increase efficiencies and/or automate processes.
• Serve as the point person for Commission related process improvement projects as well as Compensation related system changes and implementations.
• Coach and develop coworkers on their day-to-day responsibilities as well as career aspirations.
• Oversee the analysis and reporting as needed to highlight and inform Sales Leadership of trends and/or business issues impacting the company.
• Develop and lead testing for Compensation related system implementations and changes.
• Design, present, and lead commission presentations when requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3 years of experience in commissions/incentive compensation payments.
Other Required Qualifications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels including senior leadership.
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, with the ability to be resourceful.
• Proven track record in planning/forecasting and commissions.
• Advanced Excel skills including, but not limited to, the writing of macros, creation of pivot tables, and formula creation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to identify areas of process improvement and make appropriate change recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
• Previous experience supervising others.
• Experience with process improvement or project management methodologies.
• Working knowledge or familiarity with AS/400, TrueComp and ChangePoint.