CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER
This position reports to a Director or Sales Manager with the primary responsibility to serve as main customer interface, satisfy customer requirements and increase business to existing or new accounts. Customer base is large and complex with regional or global focus resulting in significant impact to the business unit.
- Regular interface with customer regarding major requests and/or issues.
- Compose & execute strategic multi-year account plans (Gold Sheet).
- Identify, maintain and document strategic relationships inside the account and outside the account (i.e., consultant, competitor, channel partner).
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Responsible for meeting margin and growth targets with assigned accounts.
- Ensures success of customer directed NPI programs.
- Facilitate engineering support for application of products, capabilities and competencies.
- Manage large proposal efforts including strategic programs.
- Establish proposal pricing strategies and cost targets.
- Negotiate contracts, agreements, terms and conditions.
- Responsible for monthly and yearly sales forecasting tasks.
- Facilitate major non-forecasted requests with production planning group.
- Oversee product and service warranties to ensure customer/product resolution.
- Responsible for accounts receivables.
- Perform account reviews (internal and external).
- Gathers and communicates market intelligence.
- Oversees customer directed (derivative) development programs.
- Oversees compliance to regulatory or customer specific requirement (i.e., import/export, licenses, proprietary information, FAA, IC, etc.).
- Ensures customer documentation is distributed and retained.
- Travel to customer site as needed.
- Identify opportunities and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Identify and mitigate business risk.
- Provides input and engages in analysis of market intelligence for product roadmap development or strategic planning.
- Ensures internal communication/cooperation is achieved.
- May lead international account teams.
- Attend industry conferences and tradeshows.
- Coordinate potential sales opportunities with other Woodward business centers.
- This job may be required to be performed at the customer site on an ongoing basis that may require the essential and other function to be limited or expanded dependent up on the customer account.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General office environment.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- General knowledge of engineering principals; mechanical/electrical/controls.
- Prime mover principals and applications.
- Woodward product knowledge.
- Able to foster team environment (and across functional groups).
- Solid knowledge of commercial principles; cost, pricing, volume discounts, payment.
- Solid understanding of business financial analysis.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to establish credibility with internal and external customers.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-task and prioritization skills.
- Solid ability to negotiate LTA and NPI development contracts, terms and conditions.
- Ability to affect change through influence.
- Excellent independent judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors of Science in technical or business discipline or equivalent.
- Other advanced sales/technical training.
- 3-5 years experience in commercial role or extensive Woodward product knowledge and demonstrated ability to effectively participate in customer meetings on behalf of the company.
- 5 years experience in related industry.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer